Academic Credit

Transfer of Academic Credit from Other Institutions

A student seeking to transfer academic credit from another institution must provide an official transcript that lists each course to be considered. Transfer credit may be granted for previous education in institutions providing similar courses with equivalent standards and requirements. Transfer credits may be accepted from institutions accredited by one of the seven regional accrediting bodies under the Council for Higher Education (CHEA), the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools, or the Association for Biblical Higher Education. Courses may be transferred if they are pertinent to the courses offered at Mid-America. No transfer credit is given for baccalaureate courses toward the requirements for the master’s degree programs. No transfer credit is granted for courses taken by correspondence, extension programs, or distance learning programs unless such courses are included on the official transcript of an accredited institution. Transfer credit is granted only for courses in which the grade is C or higher. No remedial courses will be accepted.

Students must complete at least 30 hours of course credit from The College at Mid-America to earn a degree. Each program has a limited number of hours that can be transferred from another institution. Sixty-hour degrees have a limit of 30. The limit for a 120-hour degree is 90 hours.

Granting of Academic Credit for Previous Non-Academic Experience

No academic credit is granted for previous non-academic experiential learning activities or for related field experience toward the completion of requirements for any degree program.